Sunday, March 15, 2020

Whisky Region Tournament

I love March for March Madness.  In addition to the dozens of basketball brackets I filled out last year I also did my own whisky March Madness and then carried on into April.  There is a massive void left by the cancellation of the main tournament so it is even more important less useless to do a bracket this year!  Scroll down to the bottom for a list of other whisky brackets to check out this year.
In this tournament, different whisky producing regions are going at it to settle the question of what is the favorite region.  The regions below were picked based on a combination of total whisky production and popularity.  

The tournament is over and the voters determined that Islay is the favorite whisky producing region!  Overall, I can't say there are any real surprises.  My Final Four would have been Islay, Highlands, Speyside and Kentucky. 



(I'm not affiliated with PrintYourBrackets.com, just offering some free advertising because the brackets were easy to use.)

My Personal 2020 Whisky Bracket - Here's my personal whisky bracket of 2020 where I pit 16 whiskies from 16 different regions! http://bit.ly/2IWg5Ud

Bourbon Gents World Cup - 64 bourbons determined by writing down every bourbon they could think of on slips of paper and then pulling 64 out of a hat. Four Roses Single Barrel has won the last three years. www.bourbongents.com

WhiskeyPhiles Bourbon Bracket - 68 bourbons and ryes.  No price limit!  https://whiskeyphiles.co/2020/03/18/bourbon-bracket-2020-mashmadness/

Whisky Tangent Podcast - 16 whiskies, 4 Bourbons, 4 American Ryes, 4 Scotch, and 4 Irish.
https://sites.google.com/view/whiskeytangent/the-final-pour



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive